Baker & Taylor’s Sustainable Shelves Program helps libraries remove weeded or unwanted books from their collections and dispose of them responsibly.
The process is simple.
- The library provides Baker & Taylor with a weed list and weeds the books.
- Baker & Taylor categorizes the weed list into resale and recycle groups and picks up the weeded books at no cost to the library.
- Baker & Taylor credits the library for the collection within 30 days.
- Baker & Taylor recycles books that are not suited for sale.
Libraries benefit by:
- Quickly and easily receiving credits for Baker & Taylor services
- Feeling confident knowing books are responsibly recycled if not sold
- Having staff freed up from managing book sales or researching donation options
- Generating additional funds
- Ensuring a vibrant, circulating collection for their patrons
Interested in learning more about Sustainable Shelves?
Let Us Know