Axis 360 is extremely easy-to-use, and with cloud-based delivery of digital content directly to devices, Axis 360 creates an unrivaled experience for all library patrons.
And, with Baker & Taylor's industry-leading collection development programs, new title notification plans and Title Source™ 3, libraries can streamline the selection of print and digital formats into one efficient workflow.
- Libraries benefit from. . . .
- Print + Digital, together. Collection development services to help libraries order the right balance of formats, one time, at the point of title consideration.
- Ease. Quickly find, order and activate digital selections via Title Source™ 3.
- ILS integration — supporting ReadersFirst principles. Patron's econtent discovery, check out and holds all from your library catalog.
- Buy Now option. Libraries can choose to offer patrons the option to purchase digital content, as well as books, movies and music. Products are shipped directly to patrons' homes.
- CustomReach. Dynamic marketing program that provides libraries with customizable, print-ready marketing materials to promote Axis 360 to patrons.
Audiobooks and eBooks together
- Acoustik™, the free audiobook listening app. . . .
- Direct-to-device downloading for instant access
- Easy and simple to use, download and play an audiobook with just one click
- Extensive audiobook repository of content at patrons' fingertips
- Need help ordering or finding audiobooks in Title Source™ 3? Follow these easy directions
- Blio™, the free ereading app. . . .
- Full-color, full-layout digital versions of print books
- Read across computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Text tools such as highlighting and notes, and content enhancements with publisher permissions — including text-to-speech and studio narration
Collection Development Services
Baker & Taylor is the only vendor providing comprehensive fulfillment of content in digital and print formats for all audiences, along with the best suite of collection development programs and value-added services in the industry. Baker & Taylor is your source for a single, integrated workflow for ongoing physical and expanding digital collections.
- Take advantage of market-leading title metadata and collection development programs including:
- Enriched metadata. Jacket art, reviews, excerpts, tables of contents, subject classifications, audience levels, accelerated reader and reading counts ratings, to guide your title selections.
- Opening day collections. Custom selection lists and packaged starting collections for best-sellers, subjects and genres to launch your new ebook and eaudiobook service.
- FirstLook Digital. Notification plans for forthcoming ebook and eaudiobook new releases.
- Pre-publication ordering. New titles will fill and flow to your digital collection upon release.
- Series standing order plans. Popular, high-demand series titles made available for your patrons every month, automatically.
The Fully Accessible Digital Solution
The entire digital library — from discovery and check out on Axis 360 to reading in Blio — provides an enjoyable econtent download experience for all users, including visually-impaired individuals, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Baker & Taylor worked closely with the National Federation of the Blind to make Axis 360 fully compatible with the leading assistive screen-reader technologies, including: JAWS (Job Access with Speech), Window-Eyes, NVDA (non-visual desktop access) and System Access To Go.